Monday 15 December 2014

Painting Challenge Week 1 - On target so far

Finally the first week of this year's painting challenge is over and luckily I'm on target so far:
For the first week my goal was to paint six Murawski Poles for Napoleon's Retreat in 1812. Fortunately I managed to finish seven instead so I'm slightly better off then I calculated. Only 5 points but better 5 points in front than 5 points behind.

Here's a small preview for the 1812 Poles which I'll cover more detailed tomorrow respecting Curt's request to publish the pictures 24 hours in advance of us condributers:
During the weekend I started to paint the horses and riders for the second bonus round on 28th December. That departs a bit from my initial plan but I decided that I should do the compulsory tasks first. We'll see how that'll come out on the spreadsheet but actually I hope that preparing the bonus rounds in advance should create some space during the later weeks of the challenge.
Unfortunately I wasted nearly the whole Saturday with searching Thor for the "Myth" bonus round and spent yesterday evening with my lovely wife and the second part of the Hobbit triology. On the one hand a good time to relax but on the other hand I feel a bit behind my schedule on the painting table.

So for this evening "Full steam ahead !" is the motto. My wife will leave me behind with our girls but I hope they'll fall asleep early and will mete some free time out to me.

11 comments:

  1. Good start for the challenge! Love your winter Napoleonics. Very well done and really make it seem like they are freezing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those minis look good. I might have to order some :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until 31st December Roger offers free shipping... ;-)

      Delete
  3. Cracking start Stefan, looks as if it is all going to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you're on target. My idea with the bonus rounds is to do them early as well to avoid last minute scrambling. My other idea to reduce stress is to skip bonus rounds in January!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start Stefan. Lovely looking models and you've certainly captured the chill of the biting cold with them. Terrific stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind your painting, what a spreadsheet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that good old Teutonic effieicincy. You've got to admire it (and no, I'm not joking!)

      :O)

      Delete
  7. Great start mate - well done!
    I agree, spreadsheets keep you honest and focused :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for the kind feedback. I hope my strategy will come together with help of the spreadsheet magic. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked your Poles, that was a good entry. That and the Berezina crossing diorama made me feel that Napoleonics were well represented in that bonus round.
    If I had a spreadsheet like that, I would just feel more discouraged by my lack of progress thus far, but I keep telling myself there are still 90 days.
    Cheers, M

    ReplyDelete