Finally the first week of this year's painting challenge is over and luckily I'm on target so far:
For the first week my goal was to paint six Murawski Poles for Napoleon's Retreat in 1812. Fortunately I managed to finish seven instead so I'm slightly better off then I calculated. Only 5 points but better 5 points in front than 5 points behind.
Here's a small preview for the 1812 Poles which I'll cover more detailed tomorrow respecting Curt's request to publish the pictures 24 hours in advance of us condributers:
During the weekend I started to paint the horses and riders for the second bonus round on 28th December. That departs a bit from my initial plan but I decided that I should do the compulsory tasks first. We'll see how that'll come out on the spreadsheet but actually I hope that preparing the bonus rounds in advance should create some space during the later weeks of the challenge.
Unfortunately I wasted nearly the whole Saturday with searching Thor for the "Myth" bonus round and spent yesterday evening with my lovely wife and the second part of the Hobbit triology. On the one hand a good time to relax but on the other hand I feel a bit behind my schedule on the painting table.
So for this evening "Full steam ahead !" is the motto. My wife will leave me behind with our girls but I hope they'll fall asleep early and will mete some free time out to me.