Thursday 11 April 2019

King Henry V

So it's the final days of the challenge and two entries to go for me. Here's one that is very near and dear to me:

King Henry V
of England


Actually this figure has been lying on my lead pile for ages. I've bought it a while ago when I saw that wonderful sculpt by Alan Perry but I didn't find the time to paint it. But since Henry V by Kenneth Branagh is one of my - if not just my - favourite movie I always regretted not paying attention to it.


Now after our ACW project came to a temporary end I took the time to splash some paint onto Harry. The figure is part of Perry Miniatures' AO01 set from their Agincourt range. He's a mounted 28mm figures of two parts: Horse and Harry. Since I didn't like the original horse delivered with my set I changed it to a more 'royal' breed with nicer horse tack.


Focussing on the single miniature was pure joy again. The sculpt is tremendously detailed and Alan even managed to work out an indication of Harry's coat of arms. Thus it was difficult but at least possible to paint his surcoat properly. I hope you like my humble piece of work.

Last but not least let me deliver the two scenes I watched / listened to over and over while painting this figure:


That's it for now. Besides: God for England, Harry and Saint George!!

10 comments:

  1. Long Live the King! SUperb!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking figure; a fine tribute

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely. I plan to add this set to my own HYW project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous brushwork mate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant looking figure. Also a big fan of Kenneth Branagh's Henry V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Good choice swapping the horse and lovely paintwork. The Brannagh Henry V is great, but I do love the cavalry charge in the Laurence Olivier version, to which I think this model owes a bit of of a debt to.

    ReplyDelete