Wednesday 2 September 2020

Sedantag, 150th anniversary: Kaiser Wilhelm I.

In view of the occasion I painted a miniature that had been resting on my lead pile for a couple of years. It's a wonderful incarnation of Kaiser Wilhelm I. which was sculpted by Alan Perry as a special miniature for Tactica 2016. I'm not sure whether I'll ever need him on table but it was a great figure to paint.

On the underlying picture by German painter Wilhelm Camphausen both uniform and coat appear to have the same nearly black colour. Nevertheless I decided to give my Kaiser some more play of colours. So I opted for the classic Prussian blue for the uniform and a rather greyish-blue tone for the coat. The figure is painted with Vallejo Model colours and some Citadel contrast paints here and there.

I hope you like it.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Lovely work in a period of interest to me. At first I thought it was a larger model - 54mm or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Dean.
      Indeed Alan but a lot of detail and character into the face and medal and these things. It was pure joy to paint the Kaiser.

      Delete
  2. A lovely looking figure Stefan...
    Now if only someone made a set of plastic miniatures to go with him...😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Aly.
      I'm waiting for a set of plastics by a certain company indeed. Cannot say how much I'm looking forward to it... ;-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely piece of work! Especially on the overcoat, and set off nicely with the base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'Day Stefan - great to see you posting again. Excellent job on the Kaiser. Regards Greg (Delta Coy Blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. Doing my very best to continue posting again.

      Delete
  5. Cracking job, awesome details!

    ReplyDelete