Tuesday 3 April 2012

Still alive...

It's been more than a week since I posted the last message on this blog. Although there isn't a lot to report from my workbench I want to give a sign of life.

The last week was rather busy. Our daughter fell ill and was afflicted by a viral infection accompanied by rather heavy fever. However that little girl is really tough and she recovered three days later but those three days were really stressful.

Simultaneously Mrs. Monty swapped our sedan car for a estate wagon. Newer, roomier and just nicer as the old one. The administration and insurance matters took additional time from my modelling account so that I simply hadn't time to finish any great things.

Nevertheless I took some tiny steps and started a new project: 28mm Napoleonics.Although this Blog was dedicated to 20mm wargaming originally I'll include my efforts for Wellington's troop here. I hope you don't mind this potpourri of scales and ages. I managed to get a box of British Line Infantry from Perry and already finished the first five men. I'll post a more elaborate post on this within the next few days.

Additionally there are 20mm bocages to finish, houses to paint, tanks to build and miniatures to re-organize. A busy spring is foreshadowed...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the little one is on the mend. 28mm Napoleonics, my word you are brave all that gold lace will certainly keep you busy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comment Michael. Recently I finished the first five British line soldiers and are rather satisfied with the result. Didn't take me much longer than 20mm... But the details are a challenge...

    Cheers
    Monty

    ReplyDelete