|Viktoria helps me to unpack the first brave British...|
So let's start at the very beginning of my 28mm Napoleonic project:
Months or maybe even years ago I became aware of the Perry 28mm plastic range and the Napolionic miniatures they make. Since a lot of my former projects were never finished completely I was putting all new stuff on hold for a while. During the first weeks of 2012 I recorded some good progress with my 20mm stuff and managed to finish a sufficient force of WWII British and a some terrain for the new gaming board project. As reward I allowed myself to start something new and brandished towards Napoleon and Wellington.
After getting a survey of the different metal and plastic ranges I decided to invest in Perry plastics first. Especially the low price for those nice miniatures caught me. You might judge the miniatures' quality yourselfs. Here on Youtube is a short video review a guy called Danamor from the Austrian wargaming board W6-Tabletop broadcasted.
When the miniatures arrived I was surprised how small 28mm can be... All those tiny details... However I deflashed them when we were on leave for a weekend and primed them with white spray paint. Five miniatures for the beginning...
The painting took about five evenings. As usual I used Vallejo Model Colour paints and leftovers from Citadel (Games Workshop) paints. Afterwards I covered them with Army Painter Quickshade "Dark Tone" and outlined some highlights after drying. A coat of rather matt varnish completed the job.
|Finally done... The first British soldiers painted for testing purposes... Rather satisfying to me.|
Please feel free to post tricks, hints and suggestions. As you know I'm much obliged for each and every comment.