Monday 28 January 2013

Weekly News: Airbrush success and Austrians approaching

Last weeks airbrush-session was a full success. I managed to spray my Napoleonic Austrians with Vallejo Model Colour "Off-White" and their backpacks with "Saddle Brown". Thereby a great part of the work with was made en masse. After about an hour of spraying and cleaning there were 36 audacious Austrians on my workbench:
The future Infanterieregiment No. 4 "Hoch- und Deutschmeister"
But I haven't been inactive since Wednesday. On Friday and today I had company of a dear fellow of mine and we held two nice painting sessions. While he was working on his own Austrian I took the opportunity to paint skin colour, gaiters, caskets, muskets and some other details on 18 of the boys. Although there is some work to come I'm confident that I'll finish the first half of the regiment soon.

9 comments:

  1. Well done monty, coming together well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very nice Monty, very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, indeed. I wonder how I managed to resist the Napeleonic-fever until today?

    Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Airbrushing rocks. Weapons in massproduction too :D
    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An ingenious and very successful solution Stefan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! Really looking forward to your Austrians. Just posted my first (mini) batch of Prussians myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your thinking, a speedy way of getting the figures painted. Look forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your encouraging comments. In my next pose you'll read the negative side of airbrushing...
    :-(

    ReplyDelete