Tuesday 2 August 2016

Zombicide: Black Plague - Lady Faye

The forth and for now last survivor for Zombicide: Black Plague (Z:BP) I painted recently is Lady Faye:


As well as the other figures I've painted for Z:BP so far Lady Faye was part of last year's extremely successful Kickstarter campaign by Cmon (Cool Mini or not). The giving backers unlocked her at total funds of ridiculous $2,650,000 and thus it came as part of the exclusive miniatures for all those subscribers. Do you recognise the character she's based on?
Somehow I didn't like Snow White and the Huntsman too much but Kirsten Steward's 30mm incarnation is one of my favourite survivors from Z:BP. The figure's pose and character are simply perfect and detail Cmon brought into it is really extraordinary for a plastic board game piece.
In the game Snow White is a nimble character starting with an extra free movement action. So at the beginning of the game she is performing quite like Nelly the baremaid. Thus made her to our daughter Viktoria's second favourite character. Hopefully my paintjob made her top choice but lately we didn't find the time to play Black Plague with her again.
Although the base isn't finished yet because I haven't varnished Lady Faye yet here's a view from above:
Once again I added cobblestone pieces made of greenstuff and honestly on her base they came out best in my humble opinion. As soon as one or two coats of varnish are protecting this armoured beauty I'll add some static grass and maybe some clump foliage. After that she should be ready to declaim against sinister zombies.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely superb! I love this Stefan, but I don't think I've ever seen the film, I've meant to just haven't got round to it yet. I love what you've done with the base too, such a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, my friend. The film is a bit strange. Actually I didn't like it too much.

      Delete
    2. I have now caught up with the film and I think I understand what you mean. It is quite dark, which I like, but also very slow in developing. Some great performances and young Kirsten Steward was very good. Interestingly, I had a look at Lady Faye's Zombicide card and roared with laughter when I saw her armour slot allowed her to hold apples - possibly the most useless I come across, but a lovely nod to her alter ego, Snow White.

      Delete
    3. Somehow neither the story not those shattering evil guys really caught me. Kirsten Steward was good that's true.

      As for the apples I was equally amused. But I love this connection to Snow White so I don't mind the uselessness within the game.

      Delete
  2. Stunning work mate. Cant tell if the rose on the shield is molded or painted freehand. If its freehand its fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Carl. The rose is molded. Such a freehand would be far beyond my skills.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful painting, you just gotta love that shield!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again I really did not have any clue about the character she's based on but after some research I'm pretty confident you've nailed it! Excellent work Monty.

    ReplyDelete