Sunday 24 July 2016

Zombicide: Black Plague - Lucas

After a week of sweltering heat I braced myself up to write at least some humble line about one of the figures I painted while I was offline:
Lucas...
... one of the survivors for Black Plague



As Brother James before Lucas is one of the Kickstarter exclusive survivors and was unlocked early at $200K of collected funds. Once again Cmon (Cool Mini or not) took the chance to make a figure inspired by a character well known from TV. Guess who!
Liam Neeson in 'Kingdom of Heavens'
Honestly it took a while until I got it but actually the figure catches the character of Gidfrey of Ibelin pretty well. Even the belts are correct.
Besides the character it bears the figure is as good as usual from Cmon. It had only very few flash and was rather easy to clean up. The material is the usual semi-flexible plastic companies are using for board game miniatures nowadays.
As usual I employed mostly Vallejo Game and Model colours as well as Wargames Foundry skin colour sextette. Actually I tried to stay as close as possible to the character portrait on his card but compared to the photo from the movie the tunic turned far too green.

Since the figures come with plain bases I tried to imitate some cobbles with greenstuff. As you see I'm still practicing but with some static grass or scenic moss it'll do well on the table I presume. Again I took the pictures before varnishing Lucas so those pieces have to be added later.
During the next week or week a couple of more survivors will follow. Currently two more are finished and the Paul Bonner Special Guest box is on the painting table to get splashed with colour. But Klom and his fellows will have to wait until I've finished some other WIP pieces from my table. Mist important a vignette for a dear friend I've been working on for ages and the first five of my Perry NWF plastics...

11 comments:

  1. That's a great looking figure Stefan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Ray.
      I owe you an answer about the rowing boat. I'll sendit via FB.

      Delete
  2. Very nicely done Stefan, I do like this character. Interestingly I have been working on Klom too, he has been an ongoing distraction from all the terrain building and I hope to have him done for next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you got the KS pledge as well?
      How could I doubt that... :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Damn nice comment. ;-)
      Many thanks, my good Irish chap!

      Delete
  4. Very well done! I don't really watch TV all that often but this guy even me did recognize (even if I couldn't remember his name). So mission accomplished I dare say Stefan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting Stefan and the basing is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on that miniature

    ReplyDelete