Though stripping the paint is the exhausting way to go.
After having searched the WWW for some hints I found that ethyl alcohol should work. It is said that this stuff clears the paint nicely but doesn't harm the plastic of the miniature. To be sure I put a pair of plastic heads into the alcohol for two hours. I chose some spare heads of my Perry British lineinfantry since it should be the same plastic as the hussars are cast of.
Here is the result:
|The two heads on the left after three hours in ethyl alcohol. No damage!|
Judge the result yourselves.
I'm not able to realise any damage so I'll use this stuff on a first horse today.
Within the next days I'll post a step-by-step guide for stripping plastics and show you my results. I hope, you'll like both. I would give some sense to this unpleasant episode of miniature painting...