Thursday 12 September 2013

Pins and needles on the workbench

My week was rather quiet concerning wargaming. But a medieval LARP convention at the following weekend required some work.
Two dresses, two hoods, a surcoat, a jacket...
I don't want to bore you with this off-topic stuff but allow me a few words.
Yearly in autumn the group which my wife and me have been playing with for more than ten years gathers on Castle Blankenheim in the Eifel and spends some happy days together. Although we reduced our LARP efforts a lot we visit this event every year to meet old friends from near and far.

Anyway this day our lovely daughter will accompany us and thus some medievalish clothing had to be sewed:
- a plain blue dress
- a brocade dress for the banquette on Saturday evening
- a blue surcoat for fighting with her friend Birk
- a lined jacket
- a lined gugel (kind of medieval hood)
And another lined gugel for me since I had been intending to make one for the last two years.

Additionally maybe one or two coifs and a dress for Viktoria's favourite doll "Carla" if I'll have some time this afternoon and evening.

But after our trip into medieval times my workbench will be ready for wargaming next week. There are some more AWI figures to be painted and some plastic Vikings which need some greenstuff cloaks. And a secret item... Shhh!
Actually I wanted to present a short WIP-tutorial how to repair a broken sabre with piano wire. But unfortunately I lost the pictures somehow...

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy these posts. I recall seeing some other work you've done for these fairs and you're quite knowledgeable about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne.

      Knowledgeable... More or less. First of all for the themes which interlink medievalish fantasy and real history which leads me back to the wargaming hobby...

      Cheers
      Stefan

      Delete
  2. Actually the blog shall stay wargaming related but sometimes "real life" interlocks with it and then I find it suitable to present such circumstances...

    Anyway I'm glad that you like it and will continue to present a glimse through the keyhole of my workshop now and then... ;-)

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, will we see some pictures of the event?
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, LARP rules. Just learned how to sew myself. Nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look forward to some pictures Monty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun, you'll have to post some pics!

    ReplyDelete