Monday 10 June 2013

Bloggers for Charity - I'm in !

Most of you might have read about the project of James of Exiles Wargames Painter, Mike from Mikes Wargaming & Modelling, Andrew from Loki's Great Hall and Kevin from Kevs wargames Cabin. Those four guys started in May to collect supporters for the charity projects "Men Matter" and "Help for Heroes". The first one calls people's attention to the three main male cancers: Prostate, Testicular and Penile cancers. The latter is a organisation which helps British soldiers who were wounded in action and their familys.
To bring these organisations into the wargamers' minds the four are organising a large skirmish game of Muskets and Tomahawks for ccc (refight of the battle of La Belle Familie). After the games all the figures used in the game will be raffled to raise funds. Some well known companies like Warbases, AW Miniatures, Terra Firma Studios and Flags of War will support the project with material. Meanwhile they were searching other wargamers to help them with their painting skills or monetary donations.

However I decided to join the team and offered my humble painting skills. Andrew accepted ans so I'll contribute the painting of a unit of British redcoats for the game. I'm looking forward to receive further information which regiment will be needed and I'll use any progress with this as cause to keep you in the loop and bring the project into your mind again.
Help for Heroes

Men Matter

11 comments:

  1. Well done! This seems to be getting ahead nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done that man, finally our troops will stand side by side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news Michael!
      It'll be an honour to have my redcoats side by side with yours.
      :-)

      Delete
  3. Excellent news Monty! I know your figures will look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean. I'll do my very best. I love the idea to deliver a small puzzle piece to the project.

      :-)

      Delete