Monday 15 May 2017

Resin hardened, river finished

Actually the resin hardened as fast as stated on the bottle - namely in more or less 8 hours. However in my humble opinion the result is really satisfying. Especially because it was my very first workpiece with resin:
As you see it dryed cristal clear and provides nice depth to the river. Overall I didn't discern significant shrinkage. Only the edges became slightly bent up.
Yesterday I fetched my trusted rowing boat and took a couple of shots. Unfortunately as poorly illuminated as the former pictures:



After all using the two-component resin was much easier to use than I was feared. Especially the 2:1 mixing ratio is simple to handle. Now I'm pondering about using some water effect gel like Noch Wassereffekte or Woodland Scenics Water Effects to represent ripples and waves...

10 comments:

  1. The result is convincing, nice looking pictures!

    For ripples and waves you can try colorless window colours, many railroad modeller use this method.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your kind feedback.
      To be honest the 'Water Effects Gel' by Noch I acquired looks like window colour more or less...

      Delete
  2. Great. I watched a blog using 2 part epoxy glue, works really well and he made ripples etc just by string at the right time. It's on YouTube but no idea where

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like one of the vids on Luke's APS channel

      Delete
  3. Finished effect is ver, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures Stefan, what a great result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice river section Stefan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out super Stefan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely smashing stuff Stefan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb and so atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete